Aimhigher, a MATRIX accredited, not for profit social enterprise, works with young people and adults housing associations, community projects and the unemployed, helping their progression to the next stage of learning or employment. Aimhigher also offers support to participants who are currently seeking career change and/or progression.
Aimhigher engages participants to support them in achieving their job or career aspiration. Working with unemployed adults in need of support with job-readiness and employability skills to prepare for their next step on their career ladder or job-market.
Where appropriate Aimhigher will also recruit volunteers to support activities, making use of their experience and skills in the capacity of mentors and administrative support. Volunteers would need to have enhanced DBS clearance when working with vulnerable adults.
- works with unemployed young people and adults to provide support encouragement to progress
- provides a Level 1 award from AIM Qualifications in employability skills and customer service to help participants move closer to the job market and ultimately into employment.
- activity contributes to the clarity of impartial information, advice and guidance required to support young people and adults in their decision-making
- supports and encourages participants by providing activities, to raise aspirations, awareness, attainment and ultimately employment; paid or unpaid
- provides a range of activities to widen and increase participation in training, work, volunteering that will help them reach their potential
- is fully inclusive, but also focuses on and targets disadvantaged and other hard to reach groups to help support their progression journey
- provides support during programme delivery and on-going support towards employment and through transition into work or voluntary positions.