Further interview hints
- Plan what to wear; always lean to the smart if you are unsure it will show that you have made an effort.
- Prepare questions to ask: Use question that arise from your research and points they didn’t clarify in the interview AVOID questions about money and holiday until you are offered the job.
- Rehearse answers to regularly asked questions (see top 10 questions asked at interview)
- Take proof of qualifications and in some cases achievements and proof of identity.
- Try out the route to the interview location and time it; public transport time-tables or on foot, check the parking arrangements if driving and time the journey allowing for busy times on the road.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to collect your thoughts, re-read your application form and CV, you may have applied for the job several weeks previously.
- Try not to smoke, but if you must, take mints with you!!
- You may be nervous, but walk into the room confidently, they have selected you from your application and CV so they will be interested in you already
- Introduce yourself with a firm handshake, make eye contact and SMILE. Adopt positive and open body language that will indicate your enthusiasm.