Recommended Year Group: Year 10
Recommended Group Size: 40 - 50
Duration: 1 Hour
Location: Classroom/hall large enough to accommodate 10 game boards with a maximum of 10 students gathered around a board.
- To get students to start actively thinking about where they want to be in the future and the steps they need to start taking now in order to get there.
- To give students some information about the huge variety of careers available to them, the salaries associated with these career paths and the qualifications they may need in order to pursue them.
Students will :
- Have asked themselves questions about what they want from the future including career, income and personal life goals.
- Be familiar with the National Qualification Framework and the different pathways that this can offer.
- Be aware of the unexpected variety of career paths that can lead from an interest in a single subject or subject area.
- Understand how a salary equates to a weekly or monthly income and what the current levels of national minimum wage are.
- Have been introduced to some career paths and associated wage brackets and qualifications.
- Have participated in an interactive group game in which they explore the relationship between careers, salaries and qualifications.
- PowerPoint (with explanatory notes)
- ‘Get on the right track’ boxed game (1 box per maximum 50 students).
- 2 or 3 additional staff members to facilitate group work and provide answers during the game.
- This session requires the boxed game ‘Get on the right track’.
- National minimum wage statistics will need to be updated annually.
- Career/salary/qualification details should be checked annually in case amendments are required.