Recommended Year Group: Year 9
Recommended Group Size: Year group, split into individual form groups/teams
Duration: 15 - 30 minutes
- To raise awareness of higher education.
- To introduce students to higher education-related terminology.
The students will :
- Have learned through a quiz format about some basic information relating to HE.
- Be prompted to start thinking about the variety of courses in HE and the benefits of studying at HE level.
- WOWO (write on-wipe off) boards and pens or A/B/C/D cards for the students to hold up their answers.
- The quiz is provided in a ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ format.
- This is a fairly short session but designed to be a fun way to get the information across. Prizes are usually awarded to the winning team.
- One or two members of each form group are asked to come to the front to give their answers on behalf of their form.
- The content will need refreshing or updating on an annual basis.