Recommended Year Group: Year 11
Recommended Group Size: 10 - 40
Duration: 55 Minutes
- To give students some practical tips and techniques to assist them with both revision and exam performance.
Students will :
- Be aware of the main aspects of time management such as planning, target setting and prioritising as well as how to avoid time wasting.
- Be familiar with how to select revision techniques depending on their preference for visual, auditory or kinaesthetic learning styles and have had an opportunity to briefly put this into practice.
- Be aware of some more general revision techniques and how to create a revision timetable.
- Know the meaning of a number of words commonly used in exam questions such as; clarify, state, compare and discuss, and the correct way to respond to such requests.
- Have been presented with a strategy for approaching exam questions and a practical example of how this can be applied.
- Be aware of websites where they can go to get additional assistance with revision and exam techniques.
- PowerPoint (with explanatory notes)
- Pens and Paper