Recommended Year Group: Year 12 and 13
Recommended Group Size: Year group
Duration: 45 Minutes
- To provide students with information about the financial support available to them if they go to university and how this is assessed.
- To give students the opportunity to start thinking about applying to university with regards to the financial implications.
Students will :
- Know who is involved in handling the financial side of their university applications.
- Understand the difference between tuition fees, maintenance grants and maintenance loans.
- Understand what parts of the process are means tested and what this means.
- Start to get an idea of the financial support they will receive if they choose to go to university and what variables will affect this e.g. where they live and their household income.
- Have received information which will help them to make an informed decision about their future.
Resources: PowerPoint with explanatory notes
Location: Classroom or hall depending on the size of the group.