Recommended Year Group: Year 12 and 13
Recommended Group Size: 10 - 40
Duration: 55 Minutes
- To give students a deeper understanding of university life and what it is like to be a student.
- To provide the students with details regarding the transition from school to university.
- To provide students with the opportunity to meet and question current undergraduates.
Students will :
- Have an understanding of the differences between the experience of studying at university and their current experiences at 6th form.
- Be aware of what seminars and lectures are and of University facilities such as the Students’ Union and Student Services.
- Have knowledge of the options available to them regarding accommodation.
- Understand the importance of carefully selecting both a course and the institution where they will be studying and have received some guidance on how to do this.
- Have participated in a discussion with a current undergraduate student.
- Have had the opportunity to ask questions and find out about university life from someone who is currently experiencing it.
- PowerPoint (with explanatory notes)
- Post-it notes and pens.
- Undergraduate student ambassadors
- Prospectuses for a variety of universities from which courses have been selected and written on post-its placed inside the front cover.